Games added here need to be free
Hi there! Looks like the code of your games is free, that is good. However the graphics don't seem to be? Atomiks says so clearly so I removed it. What's the story with simple sokoban? GNUbie (talk) 11:58, 18 April 2014 (CEST)
- Hi, I'm not sure how (where) I should answer - I hope I am doing it right, and you'll see this (I saw your comment only now..).
- Yes, you are right - Atomiks code is free software, but not graphics, which is belonging to the copyright holders (who kindly authorized me to use it in my open source project). Hence I understand Atomiks isn't a good fit in libregamewiki.
- About Simple Sokoban: There both the code and media are free. The code is mine, while media is a creation of Mr. Gerry Wiseman, who published it as free. The same media are included in the JSoko game, which states it more explicitely in its readme file (and I should probably do the same): "The skins of Gerry Wiseman are copyright by Gerry Wiseman. He has published these graphics under the GNU GPL." Mateusz Viste (talk) 20:11, 5 May 2014 (CEST)
- Hi Mateusz! Sorry for taking time to reply. Where you should reply kinda depends on the wiki and what you did was a good way to get my attention eventually, :) I'm glad to hear Simple Sokoban is free, code and media. After you update the homepage and the tarball to clearly state that we can include SS here. GNUbie (talk) 21:26, 31 May 2014 (CEST)
- Hello, again, took me quite a long time to notice your answer :P Actually, I released a new version of Simple Sokoban yesterday. This one includes proper licensing explanations in both the tarball and binary packages. I also reflected this same information directly on the game's website. I hope its "legal status" is clear now :)