User talk:Hendrik Brummermann
You can leave me a message here.
Dawn is now at https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dawn-rpg . This is dawn-rpg which you deleted some days back. https://libregamewiki.org/Dawn . It's also being packaged for Debian . See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2013/08/msg00100.html
Exclude new account creation from recent changes
Hi! Would it be possible to filter out the new accounts by default somehow? 220.127.116.11 12:19, 28 January 2014 (CET)
- An imperfect solution: select 'User' for namespace and 'Invert selection', this gives almost what you want. -- StevenDH (talk) 23:10, 3 February 2014 (CET)
You guys have a nice working version of the HeadersFooter extension. I've tried to install it on 1.22.6 but it wont show up. Do you know if you had to make any changes to the existing files? --Rankersbo5 (talk) 17:51, 27 April 2014 (CEST)
- We did make the change that is explaiend on the the talk page of Extension:HeadersFooters. That change fixed the problem without any additional changes.
Red Eclipse free?
You said that Red Eclipse contains non-free assets, but I cannot find the offending license. http://redeclipse.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/redeclipse/doc/all-licenses.txt --Taknamay (talk) 02:18, 22 May 2015 (CEST)
- I am sorry, copyright laws work the other way round: Distribution is prohibited, unless there is a license which allows it. Right at the top of the linked files it says:
Files: bin/* src/include/* src/lib/* src/enet/* src/site/* src/xcode/* game/mek/* Copyright: Omitted License: Omitted
- As there is no valid license for parts of the software, nobody is allowed to distribute it. --Hendrik Brummermann (talk) 05:16, 22 May 2015 (CEST)
- Thank you! I'm aware of how copyright law works in this respect, but I did not see where it specified that some parts were omitted. I see it now. I am surprised because I see the Red Eclipse package in Debian main. Taknamay (talk) 03:30, 26 May 2015 (CEST)
- Red Eclipse can compile with all of those directories completely removed, except src/enet which is MIT licensed (I just compiled it myself). Debian presumably does exactly this. Is it ok to add then? Taknamay (talk) 22:30, 17 December 2015 (CET)
Thank you for the message. LifeFLOW3D is indeed open source under GPL. You can download the source here.
There has been a constant, scripted, every day vandalism over the last few months. It is pretty bad, making a big number of game pages and lists broken. Banning doesn't work, different IP is used every time. Could we do something about it? Maybe disallow anonymous (unregistered) edits? Or at least the suspicious IP ranges? Add captchas for anonymous edits? Drummyfish (talk) 22:37, 24 December 2018 (CET)
Requests for admin rights
- Hi, thank you for unblocking me. That abuse filter must be a pest and a nuisance to users here, I presume. Besides, I recommend that this wiki needs a welcome template for new users who join. Plus, is it okay for me and User:Drummyfish to request for admin rights? We are the only contributors who are active all the time and ongoing. Andromeda (talk) 16:15, 8 January 2019 (CET)