Break Out Of Hareka's Underground
|Release date||Jun, 2, 2018|
Break Out Of Hareka's Underground (Boohu) is a roguelike game mainly inspired from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and its tavern, with some ideas from Brogue, but aiming for very short games, almost no character building, and a simplified inventory.
Every year, the elders send someone to collect medicinal simella plants in the Underground. This year, the honor fell upon you, and so here you are. According to the elders, deep in the Underground, magical stairs will lead you back to your village. Along the way, you will collect simellas, as well as various items that will help you deal with monsters, which you may fight or flee...
- Short coffee-break runs (less than half an hour).
- 13 levels deep dungeon, 6 distinct map generators, 20 monsters, 8 weapons, 9 rods, 13 potions, and 2 projectiles.
- Text-based animations.
- No XP, no food, no upstairs, no automatic regeneration, no grinding/farming.
- Fully destructible terrain (wall destruction, foliage fire).
- Simplified inventory management (e.g. no more than one weapon or armour).
- Gain 3 random aptitudes among 11 as you go deeper.
- Dense foliage and automatically opened/closed doors to play with line of sight.
- Confusion status based on this tavern thread: impedes diagonal movement.
- Monster footsteps sometimes can be heared.
- Rods: merge ideas from mana-based magic and charge-based wands or rods.