Economic simulation games
Economy management games.
List of Economic simulation games
This is a list of free/libre economic simulation games:
|FreeCol||2015-10-17||TBS, Economic simulation|
In February 2007, it received the Sourceforge.net Project of the Month award. 
FreeRCT is an amusement park simulation game in early stages of development. It is inspired by the proprietary game RollerCoaster Tycoon.
|Goblin Camp||2012-07-15||City building game, Roguelike game, Economic simulation game, Real-time strategy game|
Goblin Camp is a citybuilder roguelike game with economy and strategy elements released under the GPLv3. It is inspired by various and notorious games like Anno 1404, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper.
|OpenTTD||2018-04-01||Transport Infrastructure, Online||
OpenTTD is a simulation game for transportation and a clone of the proprietary game Transport Tycoon Deluxe ("TTD"). The game's source code is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.0.
OpenTTD has many improvements over its inspiration, TTD, such as larger maps and online multiplayer play.
|Unknown Horizons||2017-02-07||RTS, Economic simulation|
Unknown Horizons, formerly known as OpenAnno, is a real-time strategy game and economic simulation game loosely based on Sunflower's Anno series. The game's source code is licensed under the GPL while its own media is licensed under the CC-BY-SA license and some parts under other DFSG-compatible licenses.
The first public version of Unknown Horizons is version 2008.1 released on October 1st, 2008 when it was called OpenAnno.. This was the last release as OpenAnno before the name was changed to Unknown Horizons.
|Widelands||2016-11-11||RTS, Economic simulation, Online|
Widelands is a real-time strategy game. It uses the Simple DirectMedia Layer and is written in the C++ programming language. The source code and media are licensed under the GNU General Public License. Widelands has single-player campaigns as well as multi-player. It supports online play via their own meta-server as well as LAN and direct IP connection.
The latest release of Widelands is Build19 released on November 11th, 2016.
The game is available in more than twenty languages.
- The about page of FreeCol
- SourceForge.net: Project of the Month
- License file of freerct project on Google Code
- Commit 9 stating GPLv2 also applies to data
- About page at Goblin Camp official website
- License of graphics
- License of sounds
- OpenTTD copyright file at Debian packages
- http://www.openttd.org/en/news/110 Graphics and sound replacement complete, accessed on January 4th, 2010
- Ohloh.net report on openttd
- OpenTTD debian package details on packages.debian.org
- UH's wiki main page reveals the project aim accessed on October 10th, 2008.
- Unknown Horizons license document.
- News post on 2008.1 release
- News post on name change
- Widelands project page at Launchpad
- Widelands' COPYING file
- Build 19 announcement