|Latest release||2013-11 (Announcement)|
|Release date||November 04th, 2013|
|Code license||GPL v3 |
|Media license||GPL v3 , CC BY-SA |
|P. language||C, Python|
GCompris is a high quality educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10.
Some of the activities are game orientated, but nonetheless still educational.
Below you can find a list of categories with some of the activities available in that category.
- computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gesture, ...
- arithmetic: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, ...
- science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulation ...
- geography: place the country on the map
- games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku ...
- reading: reading practice, vocabulary training, ...
- other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making, ...
Currently GCompris offers in excess of 100 activities and more are being developed. GCompris is free software, that means that you can adapt it to your own needs, improve it and, most importantly, share it with children everywhere.
For more specific use, it can be easlily configured to be run in a kiosk mode, so small children cannot accidentally switch to other programs.
On the technical level, GCompris is designed in a way which makes it easy to develop additional activities.