Me and My Shadow
|Me and My Shadow|
Me and My Shadow 0.4
|Latest release||0.4.1 (Announcement)|
|Release date||March 29th, 2014|
|Media license||CC BY-SA, CC0, CC-BY a. o. |
Me and My Shadow is a platform and puzzle game in which the player's shadow plays an important role. The game uses only monochrome colours, fitting the shadow-theme. There is set of tutorial levels which explain the controls, tactics and puzzles elements.
The goal of the game is to reach the exit in each level. Certain obstacles and puzzle elements can only be conquered by working together with the player's shadow. Therefore the player can record his movements by pressing Space. Pressing Space again will let the shadow perform those movements. Each level can be repeated indefinitely by either dying or restarting it by pressing r.
The player can jump one block high. But by standing on the head of the shadow, two block high walls can be reached.
- The exit looks like a door.
- Both player and shadow can walk on normal blocks
- Shadow blocks
- Only the shadow can walk on shadow blocks, the normal player just falls through them
- Fragile blocks
- Repeatedly jumping on fragile blocks will destroy them
- Spikes are deadly, don't touch them
- Teleportes can be used to beam to an connected teleporter elsewhere in the level
- Will trade places between player and shadow
The development started in April 2009 by Luka Horvat as a Windows games. In January 2011, Omer Bahri Gordebak announced his plans to build a clone which resulted in the release of the source code by Horvat under the GNU GPL.. It is now maintained by Edward Lii.