Open Game Art
All media on Open Game Art must be free content. Explictly, licenses that are allowed are Creative Commons, GNU General Public License, LGPL, with the exclusion of non-commercial licenses. Media types include 2D, 3D, and audio arts.
In addition to the media, they also host a tutorial and article section for art.
The web server hosting cost is about $100 USD. The site is currently funded and hosted by Bart Kelsey. himself.
OpenGameArt.org accepts donations through a PayPal account. All donations currently (as of August 9th 2009) goes towards commisioning art and for putting up contest prizes. This might change in the future if the server costs increases
As a direct result of donations from user, some art competition are held. These are:
- The Pixel Art contest ran from June to July.
- Announcement thread for Open Game Art on the Wesnoth forum accessed on August 9th, 2009
- Licenses that are allowed on OpenGameArt accessed on August 9th, 2009
- Licensing question and answer on OpenGameArt accessed on August 9th, 2009
- A section for tutorial and articles for art accessed on August 9th, 2009
- Donation page on OpenGameArt site accessed on August 9th, 2009
- Pixel art contest page on Open Game Art accessed on August 10th, 2009