|Latest release||2.2.0 (Announcement)|
|Release date||December 20th, 2017|
|Media license||Various (CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, CC0/Public domain)|
RogueBox Adventures is a 2D graphical game that combines aspects of roguelikes and sandbox games like Minecraft. The player can fight monsters, craft tools and furniture, collect resources like wood and stone, and build a house using those resources. The game features a number of enemies and non-hostile NPCs.
There are different grades of difficulty that can be chosen upon character creation:
- On sandbox nothing happens when the player dies.
- On easy the player loses a few items after dying and all experience.
- On normal the player loses all items and all experience.
- On hard the player loses all items are returns to level 0, but the world remains.
- On roguelike the entire saved game is deleted.
There are other ways to configure the game to suit the player's preferences, such as strictly turn-based versus a hybrid between real-time and turn-based.
An important feature of the game is crafting. Items are crafted from resources such as stone and wood. The player must use a carpenter's workbench provided at the beginning of the game in order to begin the production of other items. There are five crafting tiles: the carpenter's workbench, carver's workbench, stonecutter's workbench, forger's workbench, and alchemist's workshop.