Fish fillets remake (2022)
|Fish fillets remake (2022)|
Screenshot with retro color scheme
|Genre||Puzzle, Game remake|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS|
|Code license||GPL Version 3|
|Media license||CC BY-SA Version 3.0|
|Library||3dreamengine, moonvox, talkies|
|Fish fillets remake (2022) is a free game. This means that the source code is available to be studied, modified, and distributed. Most projects look for help with testing, documentation, graphics, etc., as well.|
Fish fillets remake is a new version of the old wonderful puzzle created by ALTAR interactive with lua and love using modern libraries, not to be confused with the port of 2011 Fish fillets next generation.
Fish Fillets Commercial, freeware, released on 1998, 70 levels,
Windows (win32), delphi pascal, license GNU/GPL since 2004, <http://www.altarinteractive.com>
Fish Fillets - NG Open source, released on 2004, 80 levels(10 extra),
Linux, FreeBSD,windows, MacOsX, C++, SDL, LUA, license GNU/GPL, <http://fillets.sf.net/>
Fish Fillets remake(2022) Open source, in development, 80 levels (from Fish Fillets NG)
All platforms supported by love(Linux,Windows, MacOSX, android, IOS), Lua, Löve
This new remake is made in Lua and Löve from scratch, the levels and dialogs are directly ported from the port of 2004 Fish fillets Next generation, everything else is new including the code and assets.
- Higher resolutions supported: from 1080p till 4k and 8k resolution on selected levels. - New 3d graphic mode: The game features 2 graphic modes that can be switched on and off at any time (2d and 3d mode) - Classic mode: Play with the original graphics with (or without) upscaled graphics (up to 4 time more resolution). - Native support for arm and touch devices thanks to love compatibility on arm* - Scripts dubbed in 9 languages so far: English (American and British), French, German, Spanish (Latin America), Dutch , Swedish, Polish, Czech and Russian.
The 80 levels of Fish fillets generations are included.
The game is still under development and many assets and features will experiment changes. New levels and / or mechanics can added in future releases (this article will be updated as the development progress).
- The mobile version of the game lack some features of the main game due compatibility or performance issues: There's no 3d mode for android.
The following Love Libraries are used and included:
- 3DreamEngine is 3D engine for LÖVE.
- Chainable post-processing shaders for Löve
- A dialog system for Löve2d.
- SunVox player bindings for LÖVE