|Release date||November 13, 2003|
|Developers||Johannes Prix, Reinhard Prix|
|Code licenses||GPL, public domain|
|Freedroid is a free game. This means that the source code is available to be studied, modified, and distributed. Most projects look for help with testing, documentation, graphics, etc., as well.|
Freedroid (also known as “FreedroidClassic”) is an arcade/shooter game that was designed as a clone of the classic game Paradroid on Commodore 64. It spawned (and shares some source code with) FreedroidRPG.
You control a droid in a spaceship full of droids that have gone berserk. Your weapon is weak, but your droid has a strategical advanta: You can hack into other droids. The spaceship consists of several decks connected by elevators.
The goal is to destroy all enemy droids by shooting or taking over them in a minigame in which you need to connect electronic circuits.
- Johannes Prix - programmer
- Reinhard Prix - programmer
- Bastian Salmela - 3D Blender graphics design. Title, robots-pics and various backgrounds
- Tanel Kylaots - Nighthawk-type mouse control (based on his patch)
- Jason Kingan - patches and ProjectBuilder files for MacOS X port