Godot is a community-driven visual game development system originally developed by Juan Linietsky and Ariel Manzur, with many community contributors. It supports 2D games and 3D games. It is released under the MIT license.
A number of free games made with Godot is listed in the Category:Godot games.
Godot uses a scene-based system for its engine. There are four tabs in the editor: a 2D scene editor, a 3D scene editor, a script editor, and a documentation center. A scene is made of nodes, and every node can be given its own script.
- The source code was publicly released in February of 2014.
- Version 1.0 was released on December 15th, 2014.
- Version 1.1 was released on May 21st, 2015.
- Version 2.0 was released on Ferbuary 23, 2016.
- Version 3.0 was released on January 29th, 2018
- Version 3.1 was released on March 13th, 2019
- Version 3.2 was released on January 29th, 2020
- Version 3.3 was released on April 21st, 2021
This page is a stub. Please help Libregamewiki by expanding it.