|Peragro Tempus is a free game. This means that the source code is available to be studied, modified, and distributed. Most projects look for help with testing, documentation, graphics, etc., as well.|
Peragro Tempus will be a free multiplayer online role-playing game with a persistent world, which evolves according to nature and its inhabitants (players and NPCs). It has been in development since 2005, and is being built by a dedicated group of volunteers. Peragro Tempus is written in C++.
Peragro Tempus will be an massive multiplayer online RPG with an evolving world, where plants and wildlife develop and evolve as they progress in an ecological system which the players interact with. The focus of the game will be on Role Playing, emphasized through game mechanics design. A part of this design is the implementation of a sustainable, self renewing economy driven by player action and interaction. This will interact with a classless system, in which all actions are skill and ability based and where such attributes are developed mainly through use, to encourage role-finding and assumption among players. Implementation of a skill depreciation will further refine the roles of individuals within the ecosystem of the game by preventing "Jack of All Trades" super-characters from dominating the game and overwhelming the game world.
- Continous world, no loadscreens. (background loading in a thread)
- Seamless terrain.
- Instancing of complete indoor levels. (think playerhousing)
- Day and night cycle: realistic rendering of the atmosphere, sun and night sky, complete with stars, nebulas, planets, ...
- Clouds and basic weather patterns.
- Water; oceans and rivers.
- Skinnable GUI which can change skins at runtime (speedy development of new skins).
- Custom network library with dedicated messagetypes(defined in XML) for optimal throughput.
- Clipboard: transfer text between the OS and the game.
- Evoloving flora and fauna.
- Large and detailed game-world with rich and game-relevant societies and cultures.
- Detailed combat system appropriate to a wide variety of play-styles.
- Robust crafting system, allowing player designed items to be introduced to the world via gameplay.
- A functioning economy where old items are naturally removed through use and age requiring replacement via player craftsmen and traders.
This page is a stub. Please help Libregamewiki by expanding it.