Rigs of Rods
|Rigs of Rods|
The DAF rally truck in V0.15
|Latest release||0.4.7.0 (Announcement)|
|Release date||November 20th, 2016|
|Developer||pricorde(2005-2009), RoRThomas(2008-2014), Rigs of Rods Contributors(2014-Today) |
|Rigs of Rods is a free game. This means that the source code is available to be studied, modified, and distributed. Most projects look for help with testing, documentation, graphics, etc., as well.|
Rigs of Rods (RoR) is a 3D vehicle simulator licensed under the GPLv3. What makes Rigs of Rods different to most simulators is its unique soft-body physics: vehicles, machines, objects, etc. are simulated in real-time as flexible soft-body objects, giving the simulation an extremely accurate behaviour which entirely depends on the physical construction of the vehicles or objects you create.
- Soft-body physics. Objects according to their weight distribution, construction, and/or suspension (in the case of vehicles).
- Advanced flight model based on blade element theory. It allows the accurate simulation of any airplane, based entirely on its physical dimensions and wing airfoils, similar to X-Plane.
- Accurate buoyancy model based on elemental pressure gradients, enabling boats with complex hulls to move realistically in the swell.
- Scripting support using AngelScript.
- Based on the OGRE Graphics Engine