|Latest release||2017.1.2 (Announcement)|
|Release date||March 1st, 2017|
|Developer||Wolfram Kuss, Vassilii Khachaturov, Norman Vine, Jon S. Berndt, Cameron Moore,Durk Talsma, Curtis Olson, Bernie Bright, Tony Peden, and Alex Perry|
|P. language||C++, C|
FlightGear is a 3D flight simulation game. The entire game is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It is also sold on 3 DVDs. It is written in the C++  and C  programming languages.
The project was started in 1996, with its first release in 1997.
The development team consists of ten members.
- Alex Perry
- Tony Peden
- Bernie Bright
- Curtis Olson
- Durk Talsma
- Cameron Moore
- Jon S. Berndt
- Norman Vine
- Vassilii Khachaturov
- Wolfram Kuss
Development started in 1996. The first release happened on July 17th, 1997. Rather than developing their own simulation models, they opted to NASA's flight models instead. They transitioned out of beta in 2008. See FlightGear release history for more details.
The FlightGear project sells CDs/DVDs on their website.
- FlightGear's copyright file at Debian Packages
- FlightGear's base copyright file at Debian Packages
- FlightGear sourceforge.net project page
- Flightgear FAQ
- SimGear page on FlightGear wiki accessed on September 13th, 2009
- TearGear page on FlightGear wiki accessed on September 14th, 2009
- Sourceforge.net members list for the FlightGear project
- FlightGear wiki page on FlightGear itself accessed on September 11th, 2009.
- FlightGear store