Phil's pyGame Utilities
|Example of a paint program using pgu's gui|
|Released:||March 25th 2007|
Phil's pyGame Utilities, aka PGU is a Pygame library that consists of many high-level modules to provide content for the development of programs - mainly games - in Pygame.
PGU has a rich set of very stable modules, including scripts, tile engines and a gui.
- tileedit - a simple tile editor for pygame
- leveledit - a simple level editor for pygame
- tganew - a tga creator
- levelfancy - a magic tool that prettifies your levels for you
- algo - collection of algorithms for use in games, etc.
- ani - animation loading and manipulating functions
- engine - a state engine
- fonts - font-like objects
- high - classes for handling high score tables
- html - a html renderer
- layout - document layout engine
- text - a collection of text rendering functions
- timer - a timer for games with set-rate FPS
- vid - sprite and tile engine
- tilevid - a basic "square-shaped" tile engine.
- isovid - an isometric tile engine
- hexvid - a hexagonal tile engine
- theme - a theme interface for customizing look and feel
- style - applies themes to widgets
- widget - base for all widgets
- surface - a module for creating smart surfaces from Pygame surfaces, used for cleaner rendering
- const - constants used by the gui
- container - the base container widget, holds other widgets.
- app - top-level widget for any program
- table - a widget that allows you to positions widgets in a method similar to HTML layout
- document - container for many widgets strung together in a document format
- area - a scrollable area
- form - a form that automatically stores all named widgets, like all the forms from a website
- group - an object for grouping together multiple form elements
- basic - a group of non-interactive widgets, they are just for rendering
- button - a group of button widgets that include a state button, radio button, checkbox, etc.
- input - an input box, like a password box in a website
- keysym - widget that records the keysym(name/type/unicode of a key) of the key pressed while this widget is in focus
- slider - a group of scrolling/sliding widgets, for moving areas
- select - a widget that allows you to select an answer from multiple choices
- misc - contains a progress bar
- menus - a drop-down menu bar
- dialog - contains a window dialog for creating windows with a label and a close button, and a label dialog for searching for files through the system
This is a list of projects using PGU.
- Galcon - Galactic Konquest-like game that was originally created for Ludum Dare 48 but is no longer free.
- Colonel Wiljafjord and the Tarbukas Tyranny - an adventure/rpg, created for Pyweek
- Zanthor - an adventure/rts game, created for Pyweek
- Dynamite - an isometric adventure game, created for Pyweek