5 best games for macOS in 2018
Battle for Wesnoth, Xonotic, OpenTTD, SuperTuxKart and 0 A.D. became top 5 games in 2018 based on 821 players’ recommendations analyzed by Slant. They were chosen among 60 options. All of these games are not demanding when it comes to hardware and software requirements. Not even one of them needs more than 1GB of free disk space, which can be easily regained if necessary.
1. Battle for Wesnoth is a fantasy themed 2D turn-based strategy. It needs Apple macOS 10.6 or later, 1.3 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM and 700 MB of free disk space.
Its main advantages include the possibility to play in a single-player or multi-player mode, as well as replayability thanks to a great number of maps, classes, units and campaigns.
2. Xonotic is an arena-style first person shooter with a wide array of weapons. It requires dual-core 2.5 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM and 1 GB of free space.
It was added to the list because of high-quality graphics and a variety of modes.
3. OpenTTD is a simulation game based upon Transport Tycoon Deluxe. It will play on Mac OS X Panther+ with 1.3 GHz CPU, 128 MB RAM and it weighs only 16 MB.
This game is still being developed. It allows users to build massive and complicated railway networks limited only by imagination.
4. SuperTuxKart is a 3D arcade racer. It runs on all macOS versions, needs 2.8 GHz or faster, 1 GB RAM and 700 MB of free space.
It is in top 5 thanks to fun gameplay and cute graphics.
5. 0 A.D. is a historical 3D real-time strategy. It is available for OS X Leopard+ and needs 800 MB of free space. Other requirements are not specified.
This strategy won players' hearts with a constant supply of new content and features.