|Latest release||0.0.12 (Announcement)|
|Release date||November 05th, 2009|
Defendguin is a 2D arcade game written by Bill Kendrick of New Breed Software. It is a game based on the classic Defender only featuring the Linux kernel mascot Tux, a common open source video game trope.
The game features gameplay almost identical to Defender except for an optional big boss and ending sequence. The game features Tux defending his people from aliens (similar to the character from XBill) bent on turning them into evil penguinoids.
The game has become quite popular, being reviewed by Linux Journal twice, as well as GamesForLinux.de and GP32 Homebrew Reviews. The populairty of the game has lead New Breed to merchandise it in the form of a mug and mouse pad for sale.
The game has been released for Linux (RPM, binary), Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Zaurus, Zeta, BeOS, Haiku, Amiga OS 4, MorphOS, QNX and RiscOS. It was also made as GP32, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Sega Dreamcast and Sony PSP homebrew.
- Defendguin - New Breed Software
- Defendguin Reviews - New Breed Software
- Defendguin Review - GamesForLinux.de
- Defendguin - GP32 Homebrew Reviews
- Defendguin Merchandise - New Breed Software
- Defendguin Download - New Breed Software
- Defendguin's requirement page
- Defendguin's data's copyright file on Debian Packages
- Defendguin's copyright file on Debian Packages